Sunday 29 August 2010

Holiday in Cornwall


We have recently been on holiday to Cornwall. It is the place of my birth and even though we moved when I was four we spent many happy holidays there each summer visiting my grandparents, aunty and uncle and cousins. The last time I was there it was for my grans funeral over 15 years ago. Sadly I haven't been back since, mainly because it is so far away, so I thought it would be nice to take my own children. Unfortunately we never got the glorious hot weather I was used to as a child but we went to some lovely places and the children did manage to get in the sea, even if it was a bit cold.



They even managed to be the only ones to strip off on a little cove called 'Crackington Haven' and get wet after the sun had gone down.


My eldest, however wasn't as daring!



We went to a place called Boscastle,


and a lovely little harbour named 'Port Isaac'




Sadly, my hubby's excitement with taking photos, in what he thought was the best place we had been to, was cut short because we had already spent the whole day in Padstow, only stopping off here on our way back to the caravan, and all of us, except him, had splitting headaches and so there was a lot of moaning and groaning going on. We shall one day hopefully go back and experience the food in one of the rustic pubs.



We visited a place called 'Tintagel' which gave the kids yet another opportunity to skim stones into the sea and run away from the waves coming in and where they could also do a bit of climbing, both up the steep hill to the ruined castle and on big rocks.






We did get one lovely day when the sun was out and we actually got burnt. I kept telling my boys to keep their t-shirts on so their back wouldn't burn but as always they would not listen and so the two youngest ones had to suffer the consequences for the rest of the week. Maybe, just maybe, one day they will realise that I'm telling them for their own good and listen to me. Anyway they enjoyed their one day of sand, sea and surf.





Well that was a peek into our holiday. I hope I didn't bore you too much, that is if anyone actually finds this blog and reads it but even if they don't it gives me something to do.

GOODNIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment