Monday 14 May 2012

Sunshine and flowers

Well the sunshine has finely smiled on us in the north, although it is still very cold. I've booked our holiday this year early thinking that May time has been better in the last few years than in August but typically it is cold this year. We never have any luck with the weather and holidays. We have a week booked in a tent in Brittany in a couple of weeks in one of those super camps so I am praying it will warm up by then as the only reason I'm going is for all the outdoor pools for the kids, followed by a week in Cornwall on the way back. I've still not been able to do much in the garden with all the rain but I'm loving watching all the birds nesting which I will write about in the next post.



The May Day Camelia's have done fantastic this year. Last year the flowers didn't open at all so I was wondering if they were on their last legs and was thinking of digging them up, but this year they have been better than they have ever been.

The last of the tulips.





Anenome from some bulbs planted in the autumn.



Lots of blossom on my apple tree this year. It has nearly faded now though.



Can you see the bee going in for a feed?

 I'm hoping it will stay dry for tomorrow so I can get the grass cut again and take some better pictures of the birds.









2 comments:

  1. lovely flowers, melanie! have a great time on your vacations:) oh, the flower baskets on my last post were taken at my local nursery, but, i did bring two beauties home with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Melanie. It seems the warm and dry weather is passing us by here in the South too this year. Rain , rain, rain and more rain. Making everything lush of course but not giving opportunity to get out and do the necessary work.

    ReplyDelete