Thursday 3 May 2012

New old shelf

A few weeks back I won an old shabby shelving unit on ebay that had come out of a shop. I left it outside for slightly longer than hoped due to all this rain, so some of the old paint had blistered but I managed to rescue it before it got too bad. This is it before.


I'm in the process of decorating this room, hence the shabby looking floor. I can't decide whether to carpet or paint the floorboards white for a change. This is the shelf up on my kitchen wall with a few things in so far.


I painted it in an eggshell chalk white. You can see the holes where they have had hooks in the front to hang things off when you see it close up. I was thinking of filling them but I think I shall probably be putting more holes in eventually to hang cups off so I'll leave them for now and just say it's part of the charm of the shabby chic look.
 I'm off to do some tidying now ready for tomorrow evening when I am hosting a Murder Mystery Party as part of my birthday celebrations.

3 comments:

  1. love the cute shelf and its contains, melanie:) happy belated bday---the murder mystery sounds like a fun time! i think white painted floors are so awesome...just my opinion:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Melanie. Got a connection having turned everything off for a while. Thanks for visiting and commenting. Just been looking through your posts.

    I love what you have done with these shelves, the colour behind and all that you have put onto them.

    ReplyDelete