Wednesday 25 April 2012

Flowers in the house

Well like most other places in England it's rained most days since Easter. I did manage to get the potatoes in on the best day so far but for the rest of the time I have had to make do with the flowers around the house to cheer me up.


Over the last couple of months I think my hubby has brought me more flowers than throughout our married life. He has been working 12 or more hours a day for 7 days a week for the last six weeks and is so tired when he gets in he usually just disappears upstairs to relax for the rest of the night, so maybe it's to make up for the lack of time he's been spending with me, but I'm not complaining!


These were fair trade roses and the best roses I've had for a long time. In recent times the roses seem to droop and dry out before they have even opened but I loved all the layers to these roses with their delicate petals.


I've had mini daffodils reduced to 50p on my kitchen windowsill, (sorry about the ugly tap) and my fireplace.


I thought these little easter cactus' were great for £1.50 each so I bought one of each colour and then went to buy some little pots to put them in. They didn't have the pots in the colours I really wanted but I think they still look really cute. When I bought them none of the flowers had opened but are now in full bloom, despite the gloomliness of my dining room.



These next pictures have been took with my semi-professional canon, which has a shallower depth of field, I think that's what they say anyway. It tends to focus on one area and so everything else ends up fuzzy but I quite like the effect of it. As I say I'm no photographer.






I think I'll leave it there for now, I just hope the weather picks up soon. I am having a  joint birthday party on Saturday with my mum as she was 68 today and I will be 40 next Tuesday. I was hoping for a garden party but I can't even get out to cut the grass at the moment.



    

4 comments:

  1. I just love flowers and the happy farmer is great at buying me flowers too....now if you had a farm in Scotland your hubby would be out working all hours too. Thank you for calling by my blog.
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such pretty flowers, melanie! your husband's a hard worker AND brings home flowers--awesome! have a great bday party--happy bday to you and your mom:)

    ReplyDelete